Boutique Intellectual Property Law Firm Seeking Part-Time Executive Assistant
Brand & Branch LLP is a boutique intellectual property law firm based out of San Francisco and Oakland. We are a two-partner firm and largely work out of our homes and local shared workspaces. We serve various industries including cannabis, technology, publishing, retail, and food and beverage.
We are in need an office manager and executive assistant to help us run the practice on a contract basis. We are a start up, so the work is likely to be a good mix of different types of work in a variety of environments. You might find yourself managing our client database one day, organizing our schedules the next, and running an errand in your car the day after that. The most important qualities we are seeking are organization, attention to detail, and initiative. You must be able to think fast, think on your feet, independently problem solve, and be creative. And you shouldn't be afraid to ask questions or speak up when you have ideas for how we might do things better.
You will have the opportunity to grow with us and learn about the cannabis industry, the tech industry, and all things law and IP.
Tasks will include:
- Firm billing / accounting: includes preparing, sending, and tracking monthly invoices to clients in Clio, our office management software; paying firm's bills; receiving and depositing incoming payment; reconciling all client accounts.
- Office management: includes scanning and filing documents, keeping track of a variety of files, implementing organizational systems to keep office in order, mailing and picking up packages, and other tasks as needed
- Database management: includes light data entry, ensuring details are correct and input in a timely manner
- Communication management: includes responding to emails/calls on behalf of partners, screening potential clients and contacts before scheduling calls
- Calendar management: includes maintaining meticulous details on both personal and professional schedules
- Travel management: includes research, booking, confirmation of air travel, accommodations and other rentals as needed
- Shopping for personal items/other errands
Schedule: 10-15 hours per week to start but will vary greatly; including some in-office time (home office, shared public workspace). Schedule is fairly flexible.
- Fluent written and spoken English
- High-level communication skills (phone, email, in-person)
- Comfortable conducting a variety of internet research
- Highly organized and able to multi-task
- Ability to follow detailed instructions
- Professional demeanor
- Surplus of common sense and always dependable
- Independent thinker and problem solver
- Ability to spot issues
- Highly capable of using and learning software programs
- Use of Apple technology and must have own computer
- Must have car and valid driver's license
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by Friday, November 6.